FRIDAY NIGHTS AT NOMA: MOVIES IN THE GARDEN, "THE PRINCESS BRIDE"March 8, 2013
Join the New Orleans Museum of Art and the New Orleans Film Society as we present the spring series of Movies in the Garden in the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden! All programming for the evening is free with admission to the event. The series begins with a screening of the classic fairy tale comedy The Princess Bride.
Come before the movie starts for live music and art activities!
- 5-7 p.m.: Music by The Acadias
- 5-7 p.m.: Art activity with KID smART
- 7 p.m.: Film screening: The Princess Bride
Food Vendors: Crepes a la Cart, Woody’s Fish Tacos, & Green To Go NOLA
Admission: $6 for adults, $3 for NOMA/NOFS Members (Members are allotted 4 tickets at the discounted rate) & children, 7 to 17. Guests who purchase admission to the museum will also have access to the Sculpture Garden and activities. Children 6 and under are free.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Due to the sculptures and the architecture, no outside food or beverages will be permitted. Multiple food vendors will be available for refreshments.
- No bug candles with an open flame allowed.
- No pets allowed.
- Please bring a blanket or folding chair for seating. And an extra blanket in case it gets chilly!
- When available, films will be subtitled for the hearing impaired.
NOMA members can call (504) 658-4130 to obtain a new card, retrieve their member #, or renew their membership.
Advanced admission can be purchased here through Eventbrite starting on February 15, 2013.
Rain Date Info: The scheduled rain date for the screenings will be the following Tuesday evening, March 12. If weather becomes a factor, guests who purchased tickets through Eventbrite will receive an email on the afternoon on the original film date. Other notifications will be on NOMA’s web site, Facebook, and Twitter. Guests can receive a refund if they cannot attend the rain date. All refund requests must be received by no later than 5 days after the original date by 5 p.m. After that date, tickets will be honored at the Admissions Desk for museum entry.