NOMA AND THE NOLA PROJECT PRESENT: SHAKESPEARE'S MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING7 p.m. May 10, 2013
The NOLA Project and NOMA enter their third year of partnership to present Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing inside the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden!
Set near the turn of the century in the old American South, this hilarious and festive comedy pits two of Shakespeare’s most beloved characters, Benedick and Beatrice, in a war of words and wits.
Directed by Big Easy Award winner Jason Kirkpatrick and starring NOLA Project Artistic Director A.J. Allegra and Kathlyn Tarwater as the famously feuding duo, this production promises to delight audiences with slapstick, dancing, music, poetry, and all with a touch of Southern charm.
WHO: Director Jason Kirkpatrick helms a cast that includes A.J. Allegra, Kathlyn Carson, John Haas, Kali Russell, Sam Dudley, Alex Martinez Wallace, Hope Barnard, Mistie Adams, Matt Standley, Stacy Lamorte, Sean Glazebrook, Price Provenzano, Travis Resor, Molly Ruben Long, Dr. Charles Ramos, and Ben Griffith.
WHAT: Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
WHERE: The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden next to NOMA in New Orleans City Park
WHEN: Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays May 8-26 and Fridays, May 10 and 24. Seating begins at 5:00 p.m., shows begin at 7:00 p.m.
TICKETS: General Admission: $18, NOMA Members, University Students, Children (7 to 17): $10
Special discount for Wednesday performances: General Admission: $12, NOMA Members, University Students, Children (7 to 17): $7
Tickets are available for purchase at Eventbrite or at the Admissions Desk during regular museum hours (except for Wednesdays).
- All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be permitted.
- Due to subject matter children under 6 will not be admitted to the production.
- No open flame bug candles allowed.
- No pets.
- Seating is not provided. Please bring a light folding chair or blanket.
- Due to the sculptures and architecture, outside food and beverages are not permitted.
- Food vendors will be available on all nights and will rotate between Crepes a la Cart, Green To Go NOLA, and La Cocinita.
- If you cannot print your tickets, a check-in list will be provided at the gate. Tickets will be listed under the purchaser’s name.
- NOMA members are allotted 4 tickets at the discounted rate. To purchase or renew a membership please call 658-4130.
- University students will be asked for a valid I.D. at admission.
Rain Date Information: If weather becomes a factor in canceling a production, ticket holders will receive an email by 3 p.m. on the affected date with instructions on how to choose an alternate date of their choice. Ticket prices will not be adjusted if a Wednesday date is chosen.
*Due to the weather conditions today, NOMA and The NOLA Project’s production of Much Ado About Nothing has been cancelled for Friday, May 10th. Guests who have purchased tickets for this evening may choose another date to attend or request a refund. Detailed instructions will be emailed to those guests today. Thank you for your understanding!
ABOUT THE NOLA PROJECT
Founded six years ago, the NOLA Project prides itself on the creation of new theatrical works, high quality performances of relevant great works. By serving as a resource to area students and artists, The NOLA Project hopes to be one of the standard bearers of New Orleans’ artistic renaissance, sharing its work in the city and bringing word of New Orleans’ revived arts scene to the rest of the country. For more information visit www.nolaproject.com.